Introduction to Programming (Python)
This course will introduce the first-time programmer to foundation programming techniques and principles using the popular Python Programming language. Python's simple syntax is similar to the English language making it easy to comprehend and allows programmers to write code with fewer lines.
This course serves as a good starting point for students looking to further their training in the Python programming language.
- Rules and syntax applicable to a modern programming language
- Understanding and developing algorithms
- Variables, expressions, functions, branching, looping statements and data storage
- Designing, writing and debugging simple computer programs using Python
- Understand the rules and syntax used in programming languages
- Familiarity with programming constructs
- Writing functional code in Python
- Preparation for advancement into more in-depth programming courses
Hardware: Must have a computer with internet access.
Course Typically Offered: Online, every academic quarter.
Next Step: This course will prepare students for the Python Programming Certificate and other programs & coursework that require a programming component.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-40028
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C/C++ Programming, iOS Programming, Python Programming, Software Quality Assurance, User Experience (UX) Design
+ Expand All
7/9/2019 - 9/7/2019
9/24/2019 - 11/23/2019