Android App Production
This course will take the student through the process of conceiving, designing, developing and publishing an Android application. Students will begin the process by defining their app idea, as well as conducting an audience and competitive analysis. From there students move on to writing app specifications, creating paper prototypes and conducting preliminary user interface testing. Students will then begin production of their app, as they learn to work with Material Design requirements for Android, as well as quality assurance testing, Google Play store requirements and marketing strategies. Students will design and program their app and publish it in the Google Play store.
- Prepare and plan the development of a complete Android App from conception to production
- Learn how to market, promote, and monetize your app
- How to publish your Android App to the Play store
- Learn about Android topics including app authentication and internationalization
- Quality assurance testing of your app
- Research App analytics
- Much more...
Software: Android Studio which is available for download on Windows, macOS, and Linux based operating systems
Hardware: System requirements listed here: https://developer.android.com/studio
Course typically offered: Online, Winter and Summer quarters
Prerequisites: Android Programming II or equivalent knowledge
Next Steps: Upon completion, consider additional coursework in any of our technology related programs such as iOS Programming Courses
Course Number: CSE-41248
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)