Participants in this capstone course will have the opportunity to apply all the knowledge acquired in the previous courses and in the Functional Safety Fundamental for Automotive certificate to a specific problem given in the form of a real-world automotive safety project.
Students will acquire experience with executing a safety project through all the phases of its lifecycle from requirement elicitation, hazard identification and safety assessment, technical and safety concept, system and software architecture and design, basic implementation, testing, to verification and validation. They will apply the relevant standards and tools, and carefully document the project.
- Safety analysis execution
- Functional, and Technical safety concept
- Goal-based safety case
- Creation of a technical safety design
- Performance of safety analysis
- Practical realization
- Assurance of process and product quality
- Performance of Safety Assessments and Safety Audits
- Presentation to the management
- Set up a (safety-relevant) project and plan concrete safety-relevant tasks for an interdisciplinary project team
- Structure the project systematically
- Specify and define all necessary work packages
- Plan, control and successfully complete the project according to the project plan.
Course Typically Offered: Live Online during Winter and Summer quarter
Prerequisites: Students should have basic engineering knowledge in either one of the following disciplines: electrical engineering, computer engineering, or mechanical engineering. Have taken previously all courses in Functional Safety Fundamentals for Automotive certificate and the remaining courses in this certificate.
Hardware (required): Computer with Internet connection, working speakers and microphone.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking other courses in the Functional Safety Engineering For Automotive Certificate
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Functional Safety Fundamentals For Automotive and course offerings.
Course Number: EE-40191
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Functional Safety Engineering for Automotive