The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) is one of California's most significant environmental laws. The law requires state and local agencies to analyze environmental impacts of a proposed project and adopt feasible alternatives and mitigation measures to avoid or substantially reduce significant impacts.
The CEQA Practice certificate is designed to offer professionals a unique opportunity to gain the knowledge and practical skills vital to their practice. Coursework will offer project-based work as a central focus of training in order for students to develop a portfolio of work that can be shared with potential employers or clients.
In-Class & Online
*Options may vary by quarter.
*Cost may vary due to elective course selection.
*Varies by student and courses taken per quarter.
- Learn to effectively navigate CEQA law and process
- Research, analyze, and draft EIRs and other key documents
- Learn about updates on CEQA Guidelines
- Manage CEQA projects and teams
- Learn how to engage effectively with stakeholders
- Apply tools to minimize time and expense related to the environmental review process
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for select courses. For a list of additional UC San Diego Extension AICP CM Events go to American Planning Association
For more information: Contact Fiona O'Donnell-Lawson at 858-534-8139 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program