Embedded Controller Programming with Embedded C
This course builds a foundational understanding of embedded systems architectures and programming methodologies to realize applications built around these architectures. Students will learn how to tailor embedded software for industry specific applications. Individuals with knowledge of general software engineering principles for desktop and mobile applications will broaden their skill set by creating specifications and architectures in resource constrained environments using microcontrollers.
- Embedded Software Stack
- Interfacing with Advanced Peripherals Using Hardware Communication Protocols
- Embedded Software Program Development and Optimization
- Relevant Case Studies on IoT Design Challenges
- Identify embedded software stack components and identify differences with traditional software stack
- Recognize design patterns than can be applied to a problem domain to gain efficiencies in the overall embedded software design process
- Utilize hardware/software signaling mechanism to implement effective communication between embedded software stack and hardware
- Comprehend hardware communication protocols for implementation with other peripheral hardware devices
- Understand embedded controller hardware and software stack and their respective differences from traditional software development
- Apply design methodologies and design patterns to stable and efficiency software design
Hardware: STM32L4 IoT Discover Kit for IoT Node. It can be purchased from STMicroelectronics or any other reputable electronics dealer. This microprocessor will be used in all four required courses in this program.
Course Typically Offered: Online in Fall and Spring
Prerequisites: ECE-40292 Embedded Systems Hardware Design or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking ECE-40097 Embedded Controller Programming for Real-Time Systems to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com
Course Number: ECE-40291
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Embedded Systems Engineering
+ Expand All
4/16/2019 - 6/14/2019