This course covers the basic concepts of embedded systems
to prepare students for the required courses in this program. As the course progresses, students will gain an understanding of the basic hardware, software, and interfacing concepts regarding an embedded microprocessor/microcontroller. Attendants will explore the design and use of general and single-purpose processors, registers and memory, communication protocols, timers and interrupts, and hardware/software interfacing methods. Participants will also learn embedded programming concepts necessary for developing small and large scale embedded systems.
- Compare differences of several microcontrollers and microprocessors
- Embedded programming concepts
- Registers and Memory
- Timers and Interrupts
- Hardware and software interfacing methods
- Embedded software design and analysis
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Define embedded systems and identify applications to real word systems
- Utilize hardware, software, and peripherals involved in an embedded system
- Understand basic microprocessor and microcontroller functionality utilizing registers and memory and Hardware/Software interfacing concepts
- Explain primary microcontroller capabilities and their applications for embedded system development
- Explore the features and functionality of your STMicrocontroller
Hardware: STM32 IOT Discovery Node 915MHZ - Mfg. Part # B-L475E-IOT01A. Part can be purchased from Digi-Key Electronics or any other reputable electronics dealer. This microcontroller is used in all four required courses in this program.
Course Typically Offered: Online in Fall, Winter, and Summer quarters.
Course Prerequisites: Students are expected to have a basic knowledge of programming concepts, hexadecimal, and binary systems.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking ECE-40292 Embedded Systems Hardware Design.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: ECE-40153
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Embedded Systems Engineering
+ Expand All
7/7/2020 - 9/5/2020
9/29/2020 - 11/28/2020