This course explores the most popular interfaces
used in embedded systems. Key interfaces covered include GPIO, ADC, Serial/UART, I2C, SPI and USB. Popular RF Technologies used in embedded systems are also covere, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC. Students will gain hands-on experience utilizing an STM32 IoT Discovery Node throughout the course.
- Covers both wired and wireless embedded interfaces
- Interfacing at both the physical and protocol layer
- Useful case studies guided by hands-on exercises
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Connect and program GPIO for reading digital inputs and writing digital outputs
- Connect devices that output analog signals and use analog-to-digital conversion (ADC)
- Connect Serial/UART devices and use them for both input and output
- I2C and SPI devices, understanding their range, and connecting them to an embedded system
- Embedded designs and USB devices
- Incorporate Wi-Fi into an embedded system
- Connecting BLE devices to embedded systems
- Understand various RF options for embedded systems
Hardware: STM32L4 IoT Discover Kit for IoT Node. It can be purchased from STMicroelectronics or any other reputable electronics dealer. This microprocessor will be used in all four required courses in this program.
Course Typically Offered: Online in Fall and Spring
Prerequisite: ECE-40292 Embedded Systems Hardware Design or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other courses in the Embedded Systems Engineering or UNIX & Linux Systems Administration certificate programs.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: ECE-40293
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Embedded Systems Engineering