This course explores the most popular interfaces
used in embedded systems. Key interfaces covered include GPIO, ADC, Serial/UART, I2C, SPI and USB. Popular RF Technologies used in embedded systems are also covere, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC. Students will gain hands-on experience utilizing an STM32 IoT Discovery Node throughout the course.
- Covers both wired and wireless embedded interfaces
- Interfacing at both the physical and protocol layer
- Useful case studies guided by hands-on exercises
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Connect and program GPIO for reading digital inputs and writing digital outputs
- Connect devices that output analog signals and use analog-to-digital conversion (ADC)
- Connect Serial/UART devices and use them for both input and output
- I2C and SPI devices, understanding their range, and connecting them to an embedded system
- Embedded designs and USB devices
- Incorporate Wi-Fi into an embedded system
- Connecting BLE devices to embedded systems
- Understand various RF options for embedded systems
Hardware: STM32 IOT Discovery Node 915MHZ - Mfg. Part # B-L475E-IOT01A. Part can be purchased from MOUSER Electronics, Digi-Key Electronics, STMicroelectronics or any other reputable electronics dealer. This microcontroller is used in all four required courses in this program.
Course Typically Offered: Online in Fall and Spring
Prerequisite: ECE-40292 Embedded Systems Hardware Design or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other courses in the Embedded Systems Engineering or UNIX & Linux Systems Administration certificate programs.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: ECE-40293
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Embedded Systems Engineering
+ Expand All
4/6/2021 - 6/5/2021