***In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, UC San Diego Extension has transitioned all of our in-class courses to an online or hybrid format. Courses listed as "Live Online" will include synchronous (live) remote lessons each week using our Zoom conferencing system. "Online" classes will be comprised of weekly pre-recorded lectures and guided assignments from the instructor.*** Both course types include communication access to the instructor and classmates.***
UC San Diego Extension’s Professional Certificate in Facilities Management offers a comprehensive curriculum designed to equip you with the knowledge, training and tools necessary to make effective and sustainable facilities management decisions that reduce costs while enhancing your organization’s facility and services. Learn strategies and techniques in all areas of competency recognized by the International Facilities Management Association (IFMA), including management, finance, communications, software and technology. Explore hot topics and current issues in the industry, including sustainability, productivity, and economics and life cycle cost analysis. Gain insights and tips from experts in the field that you can immediately apply at work.
In-Class & Online
*Online options vary by quarter.
*Cost may vary due to elective course selection.
12 -24 Months*
*Varies by student and courses taken per quarter.
UC San Diego Extension’s electives in sustainability help facility managers identify ways to use resources more efficiently and create healthy work spaces that increase productivity. You will learn practical energy management solutions, current approaches to recycling and waste management, and life cycle costing strategies that improve sustainability.
- Gain knowledge of all areas relating to facilities management
- Gain the core knowledge needed to prepare for credential exams offered throughs the International Association of Facilities Management
- Courses feature practical applications which can be immediately utilized in and applied to work environments
- Build skills needed for career advancement
- Networking opportunities with peers and instructors
Upon completion of this certificate students will be prepared to pursue professional credentials offered through the International Facilities Management Association (IFMA). Visit IFMA at www.IFMA.org
- Number of courses: Four required courses (12 units) and 8 units of elective courses
- Total units: 20
- Estimated cost: Total cost is $5,105.00
- Time to Complete: Can be completed in approximately two years or less
- Delivery: All required coursework is offered both online and in-class
For more information: FacilMgtProgram@ucsd.edu
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program