This one week program includes two highly-interactive workshops that address core aspects of industrial biotechnology. The two workshops will take place August 14-18, 2017.
- Practical, hands-on training provided onsite at UC San Diego
- Immediate application of tools and techniques at your organization
- Taught by UC San Diego faculty and expert practitioners in the field
The first workshop, Metabolic Engineering for Industrial Biotechnology, will focus on metabolic engineering as applied to high volume/low cost chemical and materials and explore how systems approaches are used in this area.
- John Pierce, Ph.D., Principal, Devenir Consulting, LLC
- Adam Feist, Ph.D., Project Scientist, UC San Diego
- Ben Griffin, Ph.D., Senior Director, Microbial and Enzyme Engineering, Synthetic Genomics
- Jeff Lievense, Ph.D., Senior Engineering Fellow, Genomatica
- Jim Millis, M.S., Chief Technology Officer, BioAmber Inc.
- Bernhard Palsson, Ph.D., Principal Investigator, UC San Diego
- Kirsty Salmon, Ph.D., Head of Research, BP
The second workshop, Microbial Fermentation Workshop, will provide a deep dive into bioreactor principles and bioprocess development.
- Jeff Lievense, Ph.D., Senior Advisor to the CEO, Bioengineering & Technology, Genomatica
- Rachel Dutton, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Molecular Biology, UC San Diego
- Jon Hansen, Ph.D., Sr. Technical Director, DSM
- Tim Dodge, M.S., Sr. Staff Scientist, DuPont
- Michael Japs, Director, Commercial Technology Development, Genomatica
- Jason Ryder, Ph.D., VP Process R&D, Hampton Creek
Course Number: PRGF-70018
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)