Winter ’21 Discount – Enroll now and Save $50 - use code: early50wi
Learn about the stages of software implementation.
Today, software development is part of every business not just for software companies themselves, but for every company which relies on software to deliver on their core business. Thus, understanding the key tenets of Successful Software Implementation and Delivery is valuable in any organization.
In this course participants will look at the process of successfully delivering applications from software requirements gathering and development through deployment to production. Through exercises, assignments and exploration, students will delve into waterfall and agile development environments, and tools available in the industry for planning and team collaboration. They will understand the importance of application security and deployment and will be introduced to DevOps concepts. By the end of this course, students will understand the key components of successful software implementations, and how the many components are inter-related.
- Project Planning and Execution in waterfall and agile development environments
- Software Requirements, collection strategies, and development lifecycle.
- Stakeholder / Customer Expectations and Communication Planning
- Software and Application Security Requirements
- Introduction to DevOps concepts for deployment to increase project delivery success.
- Understand the different components involved in implementing and delivering software successfully
- Explore tools used in the industry for planning and collaborating including Smartsheet, Trello and Monday
Course Typically Offered: Live Online, Fall and Spring
Prerequisites: An understanding of software development projects, ideally as a participant on a project team, in some capacity (software or quality engineer, business or systems analyst, technical or business lead or manager, project manager, end-user, or other project stakeholder). Have taken "Business Practices for Software Project Managers" and "Successful Software Requirement Analysis and Design".
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Software Engineering Management Certificate.
More information: Contact email@example.com to learn more about Software Engineering Management and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-40851
Credit: 3.50 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Software Engineering Management, Software Quality Assurance
+ Expand All
1/19/2021 - 3/16/2021