Systems Hardware/Software Integration
The goal of this course is to learn the application of systems engineering processes to systems incorporating software and hardware. Through a class project, the development of requirements from a problem statement and the allocation of these requirements to hardware and software along with the development of both decomposed and derived requirements will be experienced.
- Familiarity with various modeling techniques
- Requirements modifications and how they affect the development process
- Implement trade offs from requirements, Quality Functional Description (House of Quality)
- Selecting appropriate hardware/software solutions
- Practical case studies demonstrating integration issues
- Importance of utilizing practical process templates and design checklists
- CMM-I for measuring the maturity of your activity
- Development of detail requirements and metrics
- Ability to rapidly recognize impact of requirement changes
- Hardware and Software metrics, including testing specifications
- Hardware and Software life cycles
- Impact of security and protection
- Software process improvement
- Software planning and estimating
- Software and Hardware reuse
Course Typically Offered: Online in Winter and Spring
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other course in the Systems Engineering certificate program to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: EE-40060
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Systems Engineering