Understanding and applying core principles of Systems Verification and Validation
is considered by many to be the key element of a solid systems engineering process. In this course, you will learn the importance of certifying customer requirements through a proven validation process. You will also acquire an understanding of product development and factory acceptance testing through an established system verification process. The application of “Verification and Validation” is the processes that establish a product’s quality and “fit for use” prior to customer delivery. You will learn the significance of verification and validation through lecture and "hands-on" assignments designed to reinforce core values of the systems engineering process.
- Definition and application of the "V&V" process
- Understanding and applying test and evaluation metrics
- Developing customer requirements and system specifications
- Importance of test and evaluation management decisions
- Understanding commercial and DoD methodologies
- Application of system prototyping
- Application of modeling and simulation
- Learning from historical failures
- Importance of the risk mitigation process
Course Learning Outcomes:
- The tools provided in this course will support and improve your ability to identify, document and execute system testing prior to customer use
- Your understanding of system cost drivers will improve your ability to effectively manage a company’s test and evaluation process
- Your understanding and appreciation of systems failures will provide a basis from which you will be an advocate for system testing that ensure product safety
Course Typically Offered: Online in Winter and Summer quarters.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other courses in the Systems Engineering certificate program to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: BUSA-40414
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Systems Engineering
+ Expand All
6/22/2021 - 8/28/2021