The .NET Framework provides tools that yield an overall increase in productivity for developers.
Participants in this course will learn about the various technologies available to .NET developers, the value proposition of each, and to compare and contrast technologies where appropriate. Students will gain a well-rounded, high-level understanding of the power of the .NET Framework, the architectural possibilities for solutions, and the appropriate place for each technology within those solutions.
- Language and platform trends
- Data access technologies
- Windows and web development
- Middle-tier and service-oriented technologies
- Federated identity
- Cloud computing
- Gain a general understanding of the technologies available within the .NET Framework
- Learn to make architectural decisions based on the best technology for the job, not just what is popular
- Discover the basics of programming using Visual Basic, C# and F# (no prior programming skills necessary)
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise recommended. While Windows 10 Home will work for C# I, the more advanced C# courses will require Pro or higher.
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 or later which is freely available on Microsoft's website: https://www.visualstudio.com/
- Intel/AMD multi-core processor (i3 or better processor)
- 8GB RAM minimum, 16GB preferred
- 50GB free hard drive space for Visual Studio and project files
Course Typically Offered: Online, Fall and Summer Spring
Prerequisites: C# Programming for Beginners course or basic programming knowledge.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking consider taking C# Programming I in the C# Programming Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about C# Programming and course offerings.
Note: This course can be taken simultaneously with other courses in the certificate.
Course Number: CSE-40605
Credit: 2.50 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C# Programming
+ Expand All
4/3/2019 - 5/15/2019