The .NET Framework provides tools that yield an overall increase in productivity for developers. The goal of this class is to teach students about the various technologies available to .NET developers, to learn the value proposition of each, and to compare and contrast technologies where appropriate. Students will gain a well-rounded, high-level understanding of the power of the .NET Framework, the architectural possibilities for solutions, and the appropriate place for each technology within those solutions.
- Language and platform trends
- Data access technologies
- Windows and web development
- Middle-tier and service-oriented technologies
- Federated identity
- Cloud computing
- Gain a general understanding of the technologies available within the .NET Framework
- Learn to make architectural decisions based on the best technology for the job, not just what is popular
- Discover the basics of programming using Visual Basic, C# and F# (no prior programming skills necessary)
Software: Students have the option of using Visual Studio Community Edition 2015 or later which is freely available on Microsoft's website: https://www.visualstudio.com/
For more information about this course, please contact the program manager at
email@example.com or 858-534-9352.
Note: Prerequisite: "Visual Studio" and "C# Programming for Beginners" or equivalent experience.
Course Number: CSE-40605
Credit: 2.50 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C# Programming
+ Expand All
2/8/2018 - 3/22/2018