Go Beyond Your Green Belt.
Blaze a path towards $100k in savings with the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program.
For individuals who have successfully completed a Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Green Belt training, this intensive program provides a systematic method to improve performance efficiencies and reduce variations in all business operations. Master advanced methodologies through application-based learning and lead your organization towards higher productivity and profitability gains. As a Black Belt you will learn to identify all types of waste, determine constraints and defects, create rapid improvements through Kaizen events, and monitor performance through balanced measurements. Throughout the program you will apply LSS directly to a real-world project resulting in a minimum of $100,000 in projected annual savings.
Required Pre-Requisite: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (see below for details)
Course Goals & Learning Objectives
- Learn the combined LSS tools at a Black Belt level
- Acquire the ability to select projects, develop teams and deliver results
- Develop skills utilizing LSS tools and implement for quantifiable results
- Apply the concepts to a project impacting the bottom line
- Prepare the practitioner to deploy LSS to other individuals in their organizations
- Develop the ability to train other LSS White, Yellow, and Green Belts
Only students who have successfully completed their Lean Six Sigma Green Belt will be admitted into this program. If you did not complete your Green Belt at UC San Diego Extension, please email the Program Manager, Angela Miller, to determine your elegibilty at ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu.
Applicants must have a project(s) in mind when starting the class. The project must be focused on improving a current process that is brought in from the student's company or organization. The instructors will provide guidance to ensure a successful project completion. For questions please contact ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu. Course materials are provided to students, including computer software which aids in statistical analysis.
Live Online (Virtual) Course includes:
- Step into the virtual classroom and receive guided mentorship from a Master Black Belt. Learn how to apply the Lean Six Sigma tools to a real-life project. Project must result in a projected ROI of $100k.
- Network and collaborate with fellow students in the classroom and during provided lunches.
- Classes meet one day a week from 8am -12pm PDT (seven sessions over five months). Click on the “Live Online Class” section below to view, dates, and times.
- Receive an Award of Completion from UC San Diego Extension, and designate yourself as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
Online Real-World Project Course includes:
- Instructor-led training on your schedule.
- Webinars, customized live coaching sessions provide opportunities to collaborate and network with instructors and peers. Enrich your online experience with meaningful feedback.
- Weekly discussion board topics provide an additional opportunity to engage with the content and your peers.
- Complete a real project under the mentorship of a Master Black Belt. Apply the tools and techniques provided by GoLeanSixSigma.com, globally leading experts in LSS.
No-Interest Payment Plan
To break the tuition into monthly portions, please complete the No-Interest Payment Plan Request Form. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Class or section you’d like to register into
- Full name, address and phone number
- Select recurring payment date: 1st or 15th of each month
A member of our staff will respond to your request shortly. There is NO fee to submit an application for this program.
Contact Angela Miller, Program Manager
📅 Schedule an Appointment or email:
To learn about the program and ask questions, join a live webinar on Tuesday, November 30. Click 'Learn More' to register. Click here to Schedule an Appointment with the Program Manager.
Course Number: BUSA-40995
Credit: 6.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belt, Project Management, Supply Management
+ Expand All
2/18/2022 - 6/3/2022
4/18/2022 - 9/2/2022