Get Ready - Fall Program Begins September 10!
to watch a recording of the recent Lean Six Sigma Information Session.
Join our next LIVE Information webinar on Friday, December 3, 8am - 9am. Click 'Learn More' to register. Click here to Schedule an Appointment
with the Program Manager.
Powerful Tools. Hands-On Experience. Expert Mentoring.
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a set of tools, techniques, and operating principles that represents the best of practices in quality and process improvement, resulting in improved performance and reduced costs. LSS can be applied in any industry and can help to improve any business process. Apply Lean Six Sigma in order to:
- Be Compentive and Save Money
- Improve Quality and Delivery
- Gain Better Customer & Employee Satisfaction
This program offers training and mentorhsihp to develop Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSS BB) practitioners that are prepared to apply the LSS tools and deliver results. The LSS BB’s receive a balance of management skills (project/team/change management) and tool application to achieve the desired process improvements.
This program includes Lean Six Sigma Green Belt curriculum and training.
- Become a process improvement leader in five-months and help to transform your organiztion.
- Learn the established LSS body of knowledge and master the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) process.
- Receive one-on-one coaching and mentorship from a Master Black Belt, who will help you to apply the tools and drastically improve a real business process. Save a minimum of $100k via your project (projected annually).
- Earn a Specialized Certificate in (LSS) Black Belt; program curriculum is aligned with the American Society for Quality’s (ASQ’s) Body of Knowledge, providing the education needed to prepare for the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (CSSBB) exam. Training also covers areas of competency in portions of ASQ's Manager of Quality (CMQ), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), and Quality Auditor (CQA) certifications.
- Project Managers can earn 90 PDU's through the Project Management Institute (PMI), in order to maintain your PMP certification.
Certificate at a Glance
Duration: 5 months
Total Instructional Hours: 90hrs broken down as follows:
- Live Online Instruction: 45 hrs (hosted via Zoom)
- Complete On Your Schedule: 40+ hrrs, recorded lectures, assignments, discussion boards and case studies.
- Coaching and support with Master Black Belt, provided as needed
Total units: 9.0
Tution: $5,495 (see below for no-interest payment plan application)
The total cost of training is $5,495, and this includes all course materials:
- Computer Software (SPC XL & DOE PRO)
- One-on-one coaching from Master Black Belt Instructor
- Application and Certificate Processing Fee
- Digital access to learning materials
- Project Sign-Off
No-Interest Payment Plan
UC San Diego Extension offers a no-interest payment plan to help break up the cost of this training into more manageable monthly payments.The first payment is needed to process your registration, and we can then select the recurring payment date (i.e. the 1st or 15th of each month).
To request a payment plan please complete the No-Interest Payment Plan Request Form.
Contact your program manager, Angela Miller
📅 Schedule an Appointment or email: ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu
Course Number: BUSA-40996
Credit: 9.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belt, Project Management, Supply Management
+ Expand All
1/7/2022 - 6/3/2022