Grow Your Project Management Knowledge and Skills
Effective project management skills are important to professionals in any industry. Learn how to define, plan and execute a project whether your goal is simple or complex. Gain the tools and knowledge for delivering projects on time and on budget, while meeting performance specifications. Explore the basic components of project management and the project life cycle: determining the correct project through strategic portfolio analysis; creating a successful charter; assembling and managing a team; analyzing and controlling risk; monitoring project milestones; and closing out the project. Get the hands-on skills you need to help you successfully complete your next project management assignment.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand project, program, and portfolio management and their importance to enterprise success
- Describe the various approaches for selecting projects, programs, and portfolios
- Explain the main tasks involved in and outputs of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing projects
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management terms and techniques
- Apply project management concepts by working on a team project as project manager or active team member
- Understand PMBOK Process Groups, Knowledge Areas, Processes, and Outputs
- Demonstrate good oral presentation skills
- Appreciate the importance of good project management by sharing lessons learned and using knowledge and skills developed in this class in other settings
This course will provide 27 education hours. To receive Professional Development Units (PDU’s), submit your UCSD transcript to the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Note: This course is the prerequisite for Project Planning and Scheduling (BUSA-40715) and Project Cost and Risk Management (BUSA-40926).
Course Number: BUSA-40064
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Business Management, Project Management, Supply Management
+ Expand All
4/8/2019 - 6/7/2019
4/15/2019 - 6/14/2019
4/18/2019 - 6/13/2019
6/24/2019 - 9/22/2019
7/11/2019 - 9/5/2019