Color Fields: An Exploration in Painting
6 Weeks | $225 | In-Class
Explore the realm of color and learn how light affects color! This short workshop is designed for novice artists eager to use color more effectively and master some techniques artists use in painting images. Topics focus on color mixing, tonal values, color theory, washes and direct painting. In Color Fields: An Exploration in Painting, you will paint both representational and abstract subject matter. Instruction includes demonstrations, hands-on exercises, discussion and critiques.
What You Will Learn:
- The basic elements of color mixing and paint application utilizing representational imagery as their subject matter.
- How to create a monochromatic color band.
- Direct painting application.
- Transparent and opaque painting techniques.
- Understand what value means in art.
Quarters Offered: Summer | In-Class
Course Fee: $225
Materials: Refer to Materials List.
Note: Elective course for Art and the Creative Process professional certificate.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: ART-40451
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Art and the Creative Process