Lean Six Sigma (LSS) provides a systematic method to improve performance efficiencies and to reduce variations in business operations to achieve productivity and profitability gains. Students earn various colors of Belts which indicate their levels of mastery of LSS expertise. A person who has earned the designation of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt often plays a key role in the success of an organization’s process improvement initiatives. As a member or leader of a high-performing LSS project team, the Green Belt is involved in selecting or defining projects, setting project objectives, data gathering, statistical analysis, and change implementation. To function effectively, Green Belts need to understand and effectively apply the basic LSS concepts, tools and methodologies in a variety of situations. This course is designed to educate those who wish to attain the level of Green Belt.
- Learn LSS principles and the Design, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control (DMAIC) methodology
- Obtain knowledge about the most common LSS tools
- Learn techniques for identifying and selecting opportunities for improvement
- See how LSS can impact the bottom line and overall business performance
- Apply the DMAIC methodology to a project that improves business processes
- Obtain tools that will allow you to begin creating a culture of Continuous Improvement utilizing LSS at your organization
Who Should Attend?
Any team or individual responsible for managing or participating significantly in business process activities (manufacturing, design or service industries) including managers, professionals and line staff in:
- finance and business administration
- product design and development
- Sales processes
- manufacturing or service operations
- supply chain management
- manufacturing and quality engineers
- NOTE Students have the option to take this course in the classroom or fully online. In both options students will participate in a project. Those who participate in the in-class offering are encouraged to work in teams on a project that has been brought in from a company or organization. In the online environment, participants will focus their efforts on either a simulated or real-life project. See the individual section details regarding differences between course formats.
Either format provides practitioner competency to the Green Belt in the application of LSS tools and methods, and prepares the student for Black Belt training if so desired.
For Program Information:
Please contact Angela Cook, Program Manager
- COURSE NUMBER MAE-40013
- CREDIT 4.00 unit(s)
Popular in Project Management & Process Improvement
Project Management & Process Improvement
Careers in Project Management
Project Planning and Scheduling
Project Management Boot Camp
Project Procurement Management
Work Team Concepts and Skills
Project Management Essentials in Science and Technology
Project Management Essentials