This Full Scale Exercise Design Training is designed for healthcare providers and suppliers impacted by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Emergency Preparedness (EP) Requirements, such as hospitals, long term care, or primary care. All of the 17 CMS providers must comply with the EP Requirements by November 15, 2017.
Location: Meeting Rooms on Fifteen - The Village at Torrey Pines
2202 Scholars Drive North, Building 2, 15th floor - UC San Diego Main Campus
Date: Septemeber 26, 2017
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Contact Information: Fiona O'Donnell-Lawson, Fodonnel@ucsd.edu, 858-534-8139
Providers must be able to:
- Identify Hazard Risks and Vulnerabilities
- Develop Emergency Operations Plans (EOP)
- Develop internal and external Communication Plans
- Train staff annually on EOP elements
- Test plans with full scale, functional and tabletop drills & exercises
Please join your healthcare colleagues and emergency management experts for an in-person training and receive support and strategies on how to comply the CMS Emergency Preparedness Requirements.
During the workshop the audience will:
- Learn how each of the CMS 17 providers and suppliers must work towards CMS EP compliance
- Lean new tools and strategies to meet and maintain CMS EP Requirements
- Learn how to get into compliance with the CMS requirements as efficiently as possible
- Learn how to design CMS Compliant tabletop, functional, and full scale exercises
- Patrick Buttron, EMS Coordinator, EMT, TLO, Public Health Preparedness and Response (PHPR) Branch, County of San Diego Health & Human Services Agency
- Kristina Freas, RN, MHS, CEM is a former Director of Emergency Management for Dignity Health and CEO of DK Freas, LLC.
- Austin Howe, MHS, CEM, Director of Business Continuity, Emergency Management and Security at Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest
- Nora O'Brien, MPH, CEM, Chief Executive Officer for Connect Consulting Services, Inc.
Lunch and course materials are included.
Note: Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
Course Number: ENVR-80002
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)