This practical course covering HVAC and DDC system design provides a simple approach for the design of HVAC DDC systems and enables students to understand and design various types of control solutions. The course emphasizes the latest available technology, critical “Do’s and Don’ts”, and accepted rule-of-thumb checks in the design of HVAC controls.
Broken into the following major categories, this course provides a methodical approach to DDC system design: 1) Hybrid Control and DDC; 2) Electric Control and DDC; 3) Control Valves; 4) Control Dampers; 5) Electronic Sensors; 6) Practical Examples including Chilled Water System, Condenser Water, Hot Water System, and Air Handling Unit Control; and 7) HVAC DDC Specifications. An optional field trip is included.
- Controlling Sustainable and LEED Certified Buildings
- Proper Sequence of Operations
- Do’s and Don’ts in HVAC Control Design
- Accepted Rule-of-Thumb Checks in HVAC Control
- Practical Examples and Real Projects
- Understand the basics of pneumatic control.
- Determine how electronic control is achieved.
- Examine the types of controls valves most commonly used in HVAC systems.
- Identify the characteristics of the five types of control dampers utilized in HVAC.
- Discern between the advantages and disadvantages of electronic temperature sensors.
- Review practical scenarios of chilled water system, condenser water, hot water system, and air handling unit control design
- Learn the seven components of a construction document.
- Discover the four methods of specifying products.
The Fundamentals of HVAC Direct Digital Controls,
Third Edition (ISBN-13: 978-0970447135) | Purchase at: http://www.hvacddc.com/
- ASHRAE 2016 Handbook - HVAC Systems and Equipment (ISBN-13: 978-1939200273)
- 2015 ASHRAE Handbook -- HVAC Applications (ISBN-13: 978-1936504930)
Students should have a desire to learn concepts in heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC).
Upon completion of this course, consider taking HVAC DDC Basics
, HVAC Design Calculations
, HVAC DDC Networking Design
, HVAC Systems Design
, or courses in the HVAC Systems Design and Control
For more information about this course, please contact the program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (858) 534-9152
Course Number: AMES-40000
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: HVAC Systems Design and Control
+ Expand All
4/18/2018 - 6/13/2018