UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your educational goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have transitioned many of our courses to an online or live online format. Live Online classes are fully online with live virtual class meetings each week using our Zoom conferencing system. Online classes will have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor. We will resume in-person classes when it is deemed safe to do so.
Earn your Professional Certificate in Translation & Interpretation (Spanish/English) to Help Advance your Career
Maximize your Spanish/English bilingual skills to take your career to the next level and provide essential translation and interpretation services. When you earn your professional certificate in Translation and Interpretation, you will certify to potential employers that you possess the skillset they are looking for including language proficiency, cultural understanding and theoretical knowledge. The program’s career-oriented, practical course content is designed to provide you with fundamental technical skills to improve your chances of passing the American Translators Association (ATA) and the California Court Interpreter examinations. Total fluency in both English and Spanish, including the ability to speak, read, and write at a second-year university level is required. Fluency is determined by a written online entrance exam. Select courses may be taken prior to passing the entrance exam.
In-class options not available.
Cost does not include textbooks or class materials.
15 - 30 months
Varies by student and courses taken per quarter.
What You Will Learn:
- Sight Translation, and Consecutive and Simultaneous Interpretation.
- Choose to take elective courses in Medical, Legal, and Business translation and interpretation for further career advancement opportunities.
- How to market yourself by engaging in an elective Strategic Marketing & Branding course for those seeking to create their own business, or work for private and/or public sector position.
This Program Is Designed For:
- Bilingual language speakers who desire to have a Professional Translation & Interpretation Certification.
- Professionals seeking career advancement by becoming certified in translation and interpretation.
- Medical, legal or business professionals seeking to enrich their ability to communicate with non-Native speakers.
For detailed information, please enroll in the online on-demand Translation Program (Spanish/English) Information Session. Questions about our classes or certificates? Contact our department at 858-534-5760 or email@example.com.
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program