This program will offer in-person classes in Winter 2021, with a hybrid model of instruction.
Who should take this course?
Students and professionals who want to improve English fluency through business content studies will benefit from the Business English program. Students with high-intermediate and advanced English proficiency are welcome to take this program. A student’s English proficiency is determined during orientation, when the student first arrives at the UC San Diego English Language Institute (ELI). Students who do not obtain the required English level proficiency for this program will take Conversation and Fluency (high-beginner, low-intermediate, and intermediate levels).
- February 1 - 26
- March 1 - 25 (March 26 is a holiday)
- July 6 - 30 (July 5 is a holiday)
- August 2 - 27
View a complete list of all program dates.
- 20 or 15 hours per week
- Schedule varies depending on level and courses chosen
Be prepared to work in teams while improving presentation skills, negotiating, meeting skills, business vocabulary, and business writing while surveying topics such as:
- American business and entrepreneurship
- Management and leadership
- International Trade
- Human Resources
This program includes expert guest speakers and visits to local businesses. Guest speaker dates and company visits vary according to availability.
In the 15-hour per week part-time Business English schedule, business writing and some projects will be omitted; guest speakers and field trips will also vary according to availability during the schedule of this less intensive program.
Cost (in U.S. dollars)
- Application Fee: $150 (nonrefundable)
- Full-timeTuition: $2,300 (20 hours per week / 100 hours total)
- Part-time Tuition: $2,050 (15 hours per week / 60 hours total)*
- International Student Service Fee: $175
- UC San Diego Extension medical insurance: $180
- Books/Materials: Approximately $150-175 (Payment CANNOT be made in advance. Books and materials must be purchased upon arrival at UC San Diego.)
* The part-time program is not eligible for the Form I-20.