Medical Insurance Requirements
UC San Diego Extension Medical Insurance:
UC San Diego Extension medical insurance is MANDATORY for all students. The cost for UC San Diego Medical Insurance will be:
- 2-week programs: $90
- 4-week programs: $180
- 5-week Summer University Program: $270
- 8-week ELI programs: $450
- International Summer Session (9 weeks): $450
- Certificate Programs – 1 quarter: $585
- Certificate Programs – 2 quarters: $1,170
- Certificate Programs – 3 quarters: $1,800
UC San Diego Medical Insurance Coverage:
- Unlimited coverage for medically necessary health care, including pre-existing conditions and mental health care
- Unlimited coverage for medical evacuation
- Unlimited coverage for repatriation of remains
- 100% coverage for all medical care after the $100 USD deductible per person, per policy year
- 100% coverage for prescription drugs after payment of the required co-payments for each prescription. Co-payments are from $10 to $50 per prescription.
The UC San Diego Extension medical insurance policy for international students covers hospitalization and other medical expenses, with some exceptions, but not dental or eye care. Medical insurance is non-refundable. For information on this requirement, contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: In December there is a gap in insurance coverage between academic quarters. UC San Diego Extension medical insurance coverage ends one week after each quarter’s end date. In December, there is a period when you will have no insurance coverage unless you purchase additional coverage. If you are a 10-week ESL or UPS student continuing from fall to winter quarter, you must purchase extra UC San Diego Extension medical insurance for the gap weeks between your fall and winter programs. The additional UC San Diego medical insurance will cost $45 per week. You must pay for this insurance during the scheduled continuing registration times at the end of the quarter.
UC San Diego Extension International Programs will send the Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment Form, required by UC San Diego campus, for international students who will participate in our university credit and certificate programs, only. These programs include:
- Summer University Program
- University and Professional Studies
- Academic Connections International
- Any other university credit program
Each student who participates in the courses listed above, must get the TB Assessment Form completed by a healthcare provider who can read and complete the form in English. The participant must send the completed TB Assessment Form to UC San Diego Extension International Programs by fax, +1-858-534-5703, or email, email@example.com, as explained on the form 30 days prior to their program start date. The TB Assessment Form is not required for English language programs. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.