Medical Insurance Requirements
UC San Diego Extension Medical Insurance
UC San Diego Extension medical insurance is MANDATORY for all students. The cost for UC San Diego Medical Insurance will be:
- 2-week programs: $90
- 3-week programs: $135
- 4-week programs: $180
- 5-week Summer University Program: $270
- 8-week ELI programs: $450
- Certificate Programs – 1 quarter: $585
- Certificate Programs – 2 quarters: $1,170
- Certificate Programs – 3 quarters: $1,800
UC San Diego Medical Insurance Coverage
- Unlimited coverage for medically necessary health care, including pre-existing conditions and mental health care
- Unlimited coverage for medical evacuation
- Unlimited coverage for repatriation of remains
- 100% coverage for all medical care after the $100 USD deductible per person, per policy year
- 100% coverage for prescription drugs after payment of the required co-payments for each prescription. Co-payments are from $10 to $50 per prescription.
The UC San Diego Extension medical insurance policy for international students covers hospitalization and other medical expenses, with some exceptions, but not dental or eye care. Medical insurance is non-refundable. For information on this requirement, contact our staff at email@example.com.
NOTE: In December there is a gap in insurance coverage between academic quarters. UC San Diego Extension medical insurance coverage ends one week after each quarter’s end date. In December, there is a period when you will have no insurance coverage unless you purchase additional coverage. If you are a 10-week ESL or UPS student continuing from fall to winter quarter, you must purchase extra UC San Diego Extension medical insurance for the gap weeks between your fall and winter programs. The additional UC San Diego medical insurance will cost $45 per week. You must pay for this insurance during the scheduled continuing registration times at the end of the quarter.
Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment and Immunization Forms
UC San Diego Extension International Programs requires all students to complete the Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and submit the Tuberculosis Health Assessment Form in MyStudentChart at least 2 weeks before their program start date.
Each student must log in to MyStudentChart with his or her unique AD username and password to complete the TB screening and upload TB Forms. Students will receive AD account information via email a month before their program begins.
TB testing results must be obtained within a year before the program start date, and the TB Form must be signed by a licensed medical provider.
Students cannot complete registration or start classes without satisfying the TB requirement.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.